Getting the most out of regular expressions2014-07-30
Perl's regular expression engine is one of the most advanced around. This talk will discuss some well-known and less-well-known modules that can help you take full advantage of regexps.
- Regexp::Debugger - debug and performance profile your regular expressions.
- Regexp::Assemble - compose multiple regexps into a single monster regexp.
- Regexp::Grammars - remember how parsing nested structures with regexps is "impossible"? Not any-more...
- Regexp::Exhaustive - no match left behind.
- Bio::Regexp - apply perl regular expressions to bio-informatics problems.
Bonus: We'll also talk about some neat unicode regexp features, perl 5.14's re-entrant regexp engine, and a long-standing regexp segfault bug finally fixed in perl 5.18.